Monday, October 6, 2008

An unplanned trip

In case anyone has been wondering where I've been for the last few days...

Wednesday night, I recieved a phone call from my dad. He was calling to let me know that my sweet grandmother had passed away. She was 98 years old, and had been on hospice for a few weeks, so it was not unexpected, but still a little sad.
They decided to have the funeral on Friday, so we got packed and left first thing Thursday morning to drive the 14 hours to Preston, Idaho. It was a LONG day, but we survived. The funeral was very nice, and I'm very glad we came.

Since we had already come that far, we decided to continue on to Hermiston, OR to visit with Brandon's grandfather. (8 more hours in the car) He had a '48 Indian motorcycle that he wanted Brandon to have, we just needed to pick it up. (I'm sure that means something to someone - I guess that is a really cool bike?) Anyway, we spent a day there and enjoyed visiting with them.
Then we came BACK to Preston so that we could spend a little more time with my family, and be out of the car for a day or two, before we head back home.
I had NO time whatsoever to look at a computer until Sunday night.

The kids are now having lots of fun playing with their cousins. I'm glad that we were able to make the trip, even though it wasn't exactly planned for.

1 comment:

Toni said...

Yes, the Indian is a VERY cool bike!