Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Kindness of Strangers

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Etsy? I know that anyone who reads my blog regularly probably gets sick of hearing about it, but it really is a FANTASTIC place, full of AMAZING people!

One of those wonderfully amazing people that I've "met" on Etsy is Toni of TweedleBee. She is a fellow member of EtsyBaby, and we've "known" each for nearly a year. Recently, we were chatting in one of the Etsy chat rooms, and I commented how much I love her quilts. Well, she said that she wanted to send one to me for the baby! I was completely blown away! Here quilts are truly works of art, and are absolutely beautiful! That she would be willing to send one to me, basically a total stranger, just goes to show what a phenomenal person she really is!

Here is a picture of the quilt that she sent me. It doesn't even come close to showing how beautiful it is. The detail is outstanding, and I feel so lucky and very, very blessed to have it in my possession. I was seriously in tears when I opened it - and not just from the pregnancy hormones!


Please check out Toni's shop - her work is incredible!

2 comments:

hillari said...

wow--that's really cool!

Gardner Family said...

Hi Alayna! Glad to see you selling your neat stuff on Etsy. I love Etsy! It was good to see your family (in pictures, that is). Hope all is going well.