Monday, January 26, 2009

A few of my favorite things...

I have gotten SO much baby stuff lately (mostly from Etsy) and I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites.

Today, I'll post about a couple creams that really work wonders.

First - Tiny Tushie Ointment by The Bath Project.
This stuff came highly recommended by several other Etsy members. I actually got it several months ago when Ady was having terrible diaper rash. I tried all kinds of store brand creams, but nothing really seemed to work, and she usually cried when I put it on. So, I thought it wouldn't hurt to try this stuff. We tried it the first time, and put it on right before bedtime. By morning, the rash was almost gone. Now, she asks for "the green stuff" with almost every diaper change and says "it makes me feel better." (yes, she's STILL in diapers - but that's a different story) I wouldn't use anything else!


Second - Tough Titties Nipple Rub (for nursing mums) by Least Likely 2 Breed.
I found this so long ago, that I don't remember who recommended it. But, I've had it in my favorites for ages, waiting until I would need it. As a nursing mom, I'm very familiar with sore nipples. Especially the first few weeks after the baby is born (like NOW). I've used Lansinol Lanolin with my other babies, and it works okay. But I don't really like the texture of it and it's really sticky. So, I thought I'd try something new. This stuff is great! It has a great texture and it smells really good. And it WORKS! I've been putting it on after each feeding, and it's all but eliminated the sore nipple problem.


I highly recommend both of these products - and the wonderful sellers behind them!

I'll be posting more of my favorites soon!

1 comment:

Gardner Family said...

Thanks for the ideas. I'll definitely be needing the Tough Titties stuff. Ouch! I can feel the pain already.