Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm leaving, on a jet plane....

Tomorrow morning, bright and EARLY, we will head out to start our VACATION!
We are flying from Phoenix to Richmond, VA where we will spend a week seeing the sights, including Washington, DC! We are pretty excited, but I'm not sure how it will be with the kids.
I have bags packed for them with things that I HOPE will keep them busy on the trip. Some new toys, coloring books, and lots and lots of FOOD (because that's the best way to entertain my children).
My fear is that they will go through everything in like and hour. But, what can you do?

We have a THREE hour layover in Chicago. That's a long time for kids. We decided to try to find something to do while we were waiting. My husband thought that we might be able to make the trip to the Sears Tower, but after doing some research, it would be hard to guarantee that we'd make it back in time for our next flight. Plus, it sounds like it would involve a lot of waiting in line, which is something we'd like to avoid.
So, I did some more research and came across a website for a Children's Museum INSIDE the Chicago Airport. It is all about aviation and designed for kids under 8 years old. PERFECT!
So, I'm very hopeful that it will keep them busy during our layover.

We don't get to Richmond until about 9pm. Even with the time difference, I have a feeling it's going to be a VERY long day!

1 comment:

Caranna said...

How exciting Layney! It sounds like it's going to be a GREAT trip! AND to find such an awesome attraction INSIDE the airport! SCORE!!
I'm sure you'll have a great time! And lucky you, you'll have a Grandma and Grandpa to help entertain your kids! How cool is that!?