Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Baby Blessing

My parents came and stayed with us for a few days. It was very nice. They live about 1000 miles away, so my kids don't get to spend much time with them. I was very glad that they were able to come.
They met us Saturday afternoon at Brandon's parent's house where were had a nice, late lunch. It's not very often that the kids are with all of their grandparents - and even some great-grandparents - all at the same time!



Ainzlee was blessed on Sunday. It was very special.






We found some fun new things to do on Monday. I searched on Google for "free kids activities in Phoenix" and found out there there are a couple of places that offer free tours for kids. The first one was Ceretta Candy Company in Glendale. They have a tour of their chocolate factory twice a day at 10am and 1pm. They also give free samples. Yum! We (me, my parents, and the kids) went to the 10am tour.
Then, we met Brandon for lunch at his favorite Mexican restaurant - Carolina's. The place is not much to look at, and it's not in the best part of town, but the food is delicious!
After that, Brandon and my dad decided to catch a spring training game, so my mom and I took the kids to another free tour at Stuffington Bear Company (every day at 1pm). We learned that there are only two teddy bear factories left in all the United States, and this is one of them, right here in Phoenix! It was pretty neat to see what goes in to making teddy bears. They actually sew them all with sewing machines, right there! Pretty neat!

It was a really fun time, and we had a good time together.

3 comments:

Kandice and Rob said...

Nice! I'm glad your parents were able to come down.

Carolina's is AWESOME. I figure all the cops eat there, so you're probably safe when you're inside the restaurant at least. ;)

And I have never heard of the bear factory! Good to know.

Krystal said...

wow how thrifty! and smart to find all those free tours! sounds like you guys had fun! and the pictures are all so beautiful! :D

Miss Kris said...

We love Carolina's too. The first time we went there, were didn't think it was the right place because of the bars on the windows. But, the food is sooo worth the atmosphere!

Ainzlee looks so sweet in her blessing dress.