Monday, February 11, 2008

"So, how'd the craft fair go?"

I'm sure you're just dying to know. (HA!)

I actually thought it was a really fun time. I met some great people - including people I'd "met" on Etsy. Like aPassionForFashion . It was weird - she looked EXACTLY how I'd pictured her. Such a great person too!
The location was great, and there were several venders set up. I got there a little bit early and was afraid that I'd be the only one there, but there were LOTS of people already set up. It was great to have such a nice variety too.
As far as customers go, there wasn't a huge crowd. Maybe a few hundred people. And that's probably being generous. I had quite a few people look and several took a card. I also SOLD 7 Zadyballs! Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it could have been worse. I think I'd really overestimated what would happen, as I'd made 80. But, at least people had a variety to choose from.
I had made several "Mini" Zadyballs, kind of as a last minute after thought. I'm so glad that I did, because 5 of the 7 I sold were minis. I was a little surprised because the minis don't sell as well on Etsy - maybe I need to market them differently. And, I was glad that I chose to put bells in several of the balls. People really liked that. Almost everyone picked them up and shook them to see what would happen.
I did learn at least one very valuable lesson about craft fairs. ALWAYS bring your own shade!! Since we were in a parking lot, there was basically NO shade. It was the warmest day we'd had in quite a while, probably in the 70s, and I didn't have a hat, or sunscreen. Four hours in the sun is not good for me. I am now and deep shade of red. :P
There were some people there from the 7th avenue street fair which takes place in March. They were passing out information to all the vendors. I'm seriously considering signing up for it, but it costs $75! I don't know if I can afford that right now! Maybe I can share the spot with someone...

No comments: