Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Latest Creation

Here's the latest creation that I've been working on.
I've had the butterfly idea for a while, but I couldn't figure out how to implement it. I tried making a long, skinny ball for the body, but it looked a little too much like poo with wings. O_o

And, I tried putting wings on one of the larger sized balls, but that didn't look right either. It reminded me of Heimlich from Bugs Life - big body with tiny wings.

So, when jkalea asked me to make an ant for her, I thought - hey, this might work! And I think it does!!

It has some imperfections, so this one is not for sale (my daughter has already claimed it), but I'd like to show it off and get some opinions.

It is about 10 inches long with a "wing span" of about 11 inches. Most of the fabric is flannel, except for the back of the wings, which is velour.

No comments: