Sunday, December 26, 2010

November Random Events

Just a few more things that happened in November

Ainzlee had minor surgery to correct her urinary reflux. It was really much more stressful on her parents than her. Brandon took the day off work and took her to the hospital. I stayed home with the other kids and worried.




Afterwards, she came home and slept most of the day. When she woke up, she acted like nothing had even happened. I am thankful for modern medicine.

We had a few major projects in November. First, kind of on a whim, we decided that we were sick of the yucky carpet in our family room. So we tore it up.

Then we realized that we needed to actually DO something with it. So we decided to put in laminate floors. Thankfully, we have a WONDERFUL friend who is an expert at putting in floors. He was so wonderful to come and help us with it. (THANK YOU BILL!)

It turned out beautifully and cost less than we thought it would. I LOVE IT!


The other project that we spent a lot of time working on was the new house that we purchased. We decided that it was better for us financially to buy a house to rent - and stay in our current home - than to find one to move into. So, after a process that took MONTHS and plenty of stress, we finally closed on the property. We then spent a little over a week fixing it up before our tenants moved in. I think it turned out great and I think (hope) that we will enjoy being landlords. It's something new for us. I meant to take before and after pictures, but didn't.

On Veterans Day, the kids and I went to the Tolleson park for the annual event that is held there.

It was fun... until Zander decided to wander to the other side of the park without telling me. With the hundreds of people that were there. It is not fun as a mother to suddenly realize that you don't know where your kid is. And frantically search for him in a large crowd of people. When I found him, I decided that it was time to leave... He wasn't happy, but that's just life.





And I think that's all folks...
Moving on to December.........

No comments: