Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Next 30 Years

Yesterday was my 30th birthday. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it. I don't really FEEL any older. It's not like that number actually changes anything about my life. But it does give me the chance to look back on the last 30 years, and think about what I might do differently in the future.

I think somewhere, I have written down where I thought I would be at this point. Written from my perspective at about 16 years old. (I should track that down) I'm pretty sure that life hasn't turned out exactly as I had planned, but I think it's better then I could have expected!

I'm happy with where my life is right now. I love my family. I have a wonderful husband and fantastic kids. We have great friends and I actually like where we live. I never thought that we'd be here this long. I moved to Phoenix to go to school. I was going to stay here for three years, and then be LONG gone. Now, more than 11 years later, I'm still here. But I don't think there's anywhere else I'd rather be right now.

I'm thankful that my husband has a great, mostly stable job and is able to provide for us. I'm happy that I am able to stay home with my children. I don't think I ever really imagined what it would be like to be a full-time mother. It's definatly not the glamorus job I might have thought it would be. But, what else would I want to do? I can't imagine doing anything else right now!

One thing that getting older remind me of is just how short life really is! We all get caught up in all the day-to-day stuff, but, at least 1/3 of my life on this earth is probably over. I need to make the very most of the next 2/3!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

youre only as old as you feel so its fantastic you dont feel any older! happy birthday! (oh and if it helps any, i have arthritis. yep, its true, so in a way im older than you- stay young!) :D