Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun

This was the first time that I've really every hosted Thanksgiving. I was pretty nervous about it, but things really seemed to go quite smoothly and it turned out great!
I went to Hobby Lobby on Monday to see if I could find some fun decorations. (Thanks for the tip Hillari!) They had all the fall items marked down to 90% OFF! I was able to get a tray for the turkey plus lots of stuff to decorate with, and spent less than $14! I LOVE getting a good deal!





We had a pretty full house. In attendance were my brother, Brady, along with his wife and two kids, my inlaws, Floyd & Zona, and my sister-in-law, Jewlee, with her husband and two kids. We had to rearrange the furniture a little bit to have a place for everyone, but it worked out.




My brother and his family arrived on Wednesday afternoon. They helped with the rolls, potatoes, and especially the turkey! None of us had ever cooked a turkey before, so I got some instructions off the Internet. Of course, Brandon had to debate about whether or not they were right. (He thought I should use Rachael Ray's recipe!) But, in the end, it turned out perfectly!
We even made a yummy cherry pie! (The heart cutouts were my sister-in-law, Anna's idea. So cute!)


All in all, it was just slightly stressful, and for the most part went off perfectly!

We had lots of fun with Brady and Anna while they were here. They stayed with us until Saturday afternoon. We played pinochle every night, and sadly, Brandon and I lost the tournament. But, will get them next time!
Friday, we went to the temple to see the lights. It was the first night they were open, and the crowd was HUGE! But we still had fun.
The only sad part of the weekend was that little AJ got hurt. He jumped off Zander's bed - which is pretty high off the ground, and hurt his ankle. He wouldn't walk on it (understandably) so he spent the rest of the time trying to get around by crawling. I felt so bad for him. His mother took him to urgent care to make sure it wasn't broken. After several x-rays, they determined that it was just a bad sprain. No fun for a very active little boy.

Here is their cute family - Brady, Anna, AJ and Noble

3 comments:

hillari said...

I'm glad you got in on those Hobby Lobby deals! Your table looked really nice, but I wanted to see a picture of your new turkey tray. Anyway, sounds like you pulled off a really nice Thanksgiving dinner.

Kim Caro said...

Well it looks like everyone had a blast. i want a zadyball one day

Caranna said...

Your house was decorated so cute! 90% off!? Way to go! I love getting a good deal!!

That's a really nice picture of Brady and Anna's family, I like it a lot!