Saturday, August 20, 2011

Grandma's visit

Yes it has been more than FOUR months since I've posted. So it's time to go back in time a little and play catch up.

Honestly, the first month or so of Alizabeth's life is a bit of a blur. After we got home from the hospital, she really struggled with breastfeeding. So, every couple of hours, I would try to get her to latch on. We would keep trying until both of us were crying. Then we'd give her a bottle, and I would pump. I didn't get much sleep.
And before I knew it, it was almost time for my husband to go back to work. I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to handle four kids, by myself, when I wasn't sleeping and still not fully recovered from major surgery.
I was talking to my mother on the phone, and telling her all of my troubles, and she said "I wish I could come and help you..." Well, I jumped right on that offer. We figured out that there WAS a way that she could come and help. We had some flight vouchers - thanks to sitting in the airport all day back in December - and so we decided that flying Grandma in to help was a very good way to use some of them.
So, Grandma came to stay with us for a week. I gave her the job of taking care of the "big" kids, while I took care of the baby - and myself. I was SOOO thankful to have her there! I know I wouldn't have been able to do it alone!

I didn't get too many pictures taken -- I had other things on my mind -- but here's a few...





And some that my mom took - she had lots of fun playing "beauty salon" with the girls. Their hair looked fantastic! (I don't exactly look rested, do I?)




No comments: