Thursday, December 11, 2008

35 days and counting!

Baby day is quickly approaching! Being pregnant at this time of year is both a good thing, and not so good. Being so busy with holiday preparations and orders and such really does make the time fly, but there is SO much that I wanted to get done before the baby arrives. And most of it just isn't going to happen!
I realized that I am over a year behind in scrapbooking. My poor daughter has no where near the same kind of quality scrapbook that her brother had. Not the end of the world, I know, but it's just one of those things that I feel like, as a mother, I should be better at.
I have several Christmas gifts that I want to get made, especially for my kids. But, I've been so busy sewing Zadyballs (not that I'm complaining) that I haven't had much time to sew anything else!
Plus, my brother has been visiting us this week. He is in the USAF, stationed in Germany, and we haven't seen him in 2 1/2 years. So, it's really nice to be able to spend time with him. But, it means that everything gets pushed back yet another week!
I'm thinking about closing down my Etsy shop pretty soon so that I can focus on getting ready for baby. But, I have lots of inventory that I'd like to be rid of. So, maybe I'll have a big sale. Keep your eyes open for that ;)

Anyway - here is my big, fat pregnant belly at 34 weeks. Baby day is Jan 15th (if not sooner!)

4 comments:

Kandice and Rob said...

Wow, I think your belly still looks pretty small! I can't believe it's almost time.

You're not closing the Etsy shop for good, are you? (I mean, depending on the whole CPSIA thing)

Your demanding masses will be sad! I'll have to do my baby shower shopping in a store! Oh the humanity...

Anyway, my fingers are crossed; keep us posted!

Alayna said...

Thanks Kandice!
At this point, I am NOT planning to shut down for good. Just temporarily while I adjust to life with three kids.
And for you - I have actually found a little loophole in the CPSIA thing. As long as I sell direct (person to person, face to face) within my own state, there's nothing they can do about it.
So craft fairs should still be okay. And you can come buy from me any time! ;)

The White House said...

You do look bigger than the last time we saw you but you do seem pretty small. At least that means you won't have alot of weight to loose after the baby!

Krystal said...

Youre finally starting to look pregnant now and youre almost done! Best of luck to you with the pregnancy and holidays and business!! :D