Friday, May 30, 2008

Inspired by my children - again!

So, a month or so ago, I did a craft fair that offered to give $10 off the entry fee if I had a game for children in my shop. So, I took a couple of Zadyballs that didn't turn out exactly perfect and instead of filling them with my normal polyfil, I filled them with beans and turned them into bean bags. They got quite a bit of play at the craft fair, and I even used them as "cannons" for Zander's birthday party. But, I never thought that I would actually do anything else with them...

Until today...





















Zander started throwing them around with his dad. He is four, and has pretty much always been good at throwing a ball, but not so good at catching one. But, using the Zady bean bag, it was much easier for him to catch! The strings made something extra for him to grab on to, and since they are a bit heavier than a normal Zadyball, it is easier to throw and catch. Watching him play with it made me think.... hmm.... maybe ZadyBEAN for bigger kids? The idea needs a little fleshing out, I think, but it could work!

No comments: