Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April Fools Day!

I had fun playing a couple of pranks on my kids on April Fool's Day this year. I think it was the first time that they really "got" it, so it was a good time!

First, while Zander was at school, I made "play-doh" for the kids to play with... and told them to eat it! It was a fun treat! (Here's the recipe)



Then, for dinner, I told the kids we were having CUPCAKES! They were excited, and couldn't believe that Mom would actually let them have a treat for dinner! Don't they look yummy?


I also fixed some special drinks for them. They thought we were having some red punch. Here we are getting ready to eat. I think the kids figured that something was up when I started snapping pictures. It took some coaxing to get them to eat.

"Hey! What is this? Why won't my drink come out of my cup?"



It's JELLO! April Fools!

Now, how about those cupcakes??

Not exactly what he was expecting! It was actually MEATLOAF with mashed potatoes on top! Believe it or not, it was rather tasty. But it didn't taste anything like a cupcake! The kids ended up liking it and the jello made up for not having "real" cupcakes.
Happy April Fools!

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Cute ideas. I totally want to try the meatloaf one!