Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shipping to Brazil!

I was thrilled yesterday to get an order from a buyer in BRAZIL! I just LOVED filling out that custom form and sending it on it's way. I've shipped Internationally before - to Canada, UK and Australia. But Brazil is extra special to me.

My father spent two years in Brazil in the 70s (before I was born) so I was raised with a tiny bit of Brazilian culture. Mostly the food! We had Brazilian rice and beans more times than I could count. He also made a fabulous Brazilian drink for us. Oh, I wish I could remember what it was called!
My parents also had a foreign exchange student live with them the year after I left home. Zeila became like another daughter to them. I didn't really get the opportunity to get to know her that well, since I was living across the country, but she did come to my wedding.

Anyway, I just think it's awesome that I got to send a Zadyball somewhere that has such fond memories for me!
Check out my updated Zadyball Locations map!

My Brazilian "sister" Zeila (far right) at my wedding, Oct 23, 1999


The ZadyMini that was sent to Brazil today

1 comment:

XUE said...

Congratualtions! I read yr feature & left this at Maternal Spark : My little ones have grown & not so little anymore. But I know that they would have been big fans of Zadyballs!